FooAddict Forums
Please Register using your FooPets Username and Email address so we may find out who you are on FooPets easier! I would suggest, however, using a different password.

If you are already registered the WELCOME! Please click below to sign in!
FooAddict Forums
Please Register using your FooPets Username and Email address so we may find out who you are on FooPets easier! I would suggest, however, using a different password.

If you are already registered the WELCOME! Please click below to sign in!
FooAddict Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FooAddict Forums

A FooPets Fan Site.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FooPetsFooPets  Mascot  

What's "in", (12/22/09)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kurik
Admin
Kurik

Show Card
Show License: No License

What's "in", (12/22/09) Empty
PostSubject: What's "in", (12/22/09)   What's "in", (12/22/09) EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:31 am

PETS:

Quite a bit has changed in the Foopets forums lately! Calico's and Maine Coons remain hot purchases on the market, but what else has been going on? I've seen an awful lot of people searching for cats! Cat, cats and MORE CATS! The seeming flop of the cat sales has totally stopped, and most breeders active in the forums can barely KEEP their cats! Now, a few are more popular than others, obviously, but I can assure you a decent stat litter of Bengals or Silver Tabbies, or Orange Mixes will sell quickly at a good price! Keep in mind the population of those Calicoes and Coons, though! They could suffer the same fate as our "Rarest" Pokeys!

It is a sad sight to see. The Breeding Forum is filled with Pokey Germans and Pokey Huskies for sale at sad, sad prices. When a 3/5 stat German or Husky goes for around 50 FD, that is when you know we have a huge problem! I recently bought a bunch of Pokey Huskies for really cheap. I tried to sell them to good homes, instead of to whoever happened to have the money, but because of the flooded market, their prices just keep dropping! To those who have Pokey Huskies and German, I would suggest holding on to them if you want to sell them. Their prices WILL go up, if you have the patience. Lack of patience is what caused this problem. People want their pet to sell, so they lower the prices, then others try to match that price and so on and so forth.

Many members and groups have tried to rebel against this raise in Pokey Population, and many low stated Pokeys are being returned to the shelter to become foos. Others are being spayed/neutered so an irresponsible owner can not breed them. Either way, the reform of the Pokey German and Pokey Husky Market is slow at hand.

SCAMMER TACTICS:

We have had some issues with Bug Abuse. People find a glitch in the system, and instead of reporting it, they use it to profit themselves. Sometimes, this can be harmless, and there is no point in NOT doing it, but sometimes, it could cause other horrible grief. Such is the issue with the Recent fix in the Market. THIS HAS BEEN FIXED, but before it used to be that if you had the page loaded with your shop on it, and someone bought from you, if the page refreshed, you would have the item in your sale again, and someone else could buy it FROM THE FIRST BUYER, and you would get the money. It was a horrible scam that many had "abused" without even knowing it. Even I experienced this glitch, and posted to help the foocrew fix it.

Have an issue with a scammer? Tell us how it happened here, and inform the FooCrew as well at www.support.foopets.com

Many scammers have been doing the raffle scam. How does this work? They ask around 10-20 members to buy from their sale for a certain amount of FDs, saying that you could win a Litter License. Well, some of these are legit, but others are not. Participate at your own risk because these raffles are NOT against the rules.

RULES UPDATE:

Raffles, contests, giveaways and the like are NOT against the rules. It says in the FooPets Terms of Service that they should not be used in written communication. Well, I thought this weird and messaged the FooCrew. Kaylina was quick to answer, telling me that that rule applied to Real Life Objects and Currency. So, no giving away an old ipod to whoever gives you 300FDs or whatever. The rule does not apply, however, to any and all foopets currency or items. So feel free to Raffle off that collectible, or Auction off a pet (though many members are against that, it is legal ground).

However, Kaylina says that they simply ask that you explain exactly how the winner will be chosen (For example, I use RANDOM.ORG for a random number generator, and I give everyone a number 1-12, or whatever amount). Also, they advise against Raffles that may include buying items from the person, as the chances of getting scammed are high. They are not against the rules, but you participate at your own risk!
Back to top Go down
http://www.foopets.com/member/17165058

What's "in", (12/22/09)
Page 1 of 1